Learned of this recipe from cookingwithdog.
Ingredients (Based on agaration):
-1 to 2 Potatoes
- Small pieces of Carrot
- Pinches of Salt
- Half a Japanese Cucumber
- Half a Sweet Corn
- 1/2 tea spoon of Vinegar
- A pinch of Sugar
- A pinch of Black Pepper
- 2 table spoon of Mayonnaise
Directions (Refer to the cookingwithdog for video instructions):
1) Boil the sweet corn in a pot.
2) Cut the cucumber, potatoes and carrot into quarter slices.
3) Add a pinch of salt to the cucumber slices and rub the salt evenly.
4) Put the potatoes and carrot bits in a pot of water that is filled with salt and bring the pot of water to a boil.
5) Remove the sweet corn from step 1) and cut out the corn bits.
6) Drain the potatoes and carrot bits from step 4) and put into large bowl.
7) Lightly mash the potatoes and carrot bits while adding in vinegar, sugar and black pepper.
8) Use kitchen towels to squeeze dry the cucmber slices from step 2) and add it into the bowl.
9) Add in the corn bits and mayonnaise and mix the ingredients.
10) Serve the potatoe salad.
The best part though is it can be kept in the fridge and used as a side dish for the next meal. Mr. Robotic had it as a side for his eggs and sausages and pan seared salmon fish.